Garden Fresh Tomato Soup
5 medium carrots - peeled & slicked
2 medium sweet onions - chopped
4 small garlic cloves - minced
2 small green peppers - chopped
30-35 small Roma tomatoes or 16-20 medium Roma tomatoes
1/4 C chopped fresh basil
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
4 TBS raw, local honey
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
6 C vegetable broth
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 - 1 tsp pepper (to taste)
Set big pot of water on the stove to boil. Continue to step 2 until water boils, then return to step 1.
1. Blanch and peel tomatoes, quarter and put in slow cooker. (I didn't cut the "X" into them, the less work the better for this girl!)
2. Prepare carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, basil and put in slow cooker.
3. Add honey, worcestershire sauce, vegetable broth, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
4. Set slow cooker to time desired.
5. When the time is up, add batches of the soup to food processor or blender, puree until smooth then add to large bowl. Once complete, add the soup from the large bowl back to the slow cooker to warm.
6. Serve. Optional: Garnish with fresh basil.